The GMAT development team is pleased to announce the release of GMAT version R2018a The binaries are available here. New features in this release include orbit determination improvements, a built-in non-linear optimizer, and numerous bite-sized enhancements. For a complete list of new features, compatibility changes, and bug fixes, see the Release Notes
Here is some exciting recent news:
- GMAT is now used as the primary system for maneuver planning and product generation for the Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO).
- GMAT is now used as the primary operational tool for orbit determination for the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO) mission.
- GMAT is now used as the primary operational tool for maneuver planning, orbit determination, and product generation for the Advanced Composition Explorer (ACE) mission and the Wind mission.
- In April 2018, the Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS) mission launched. TESS is the first mission to use GMAT as its primary tool for mission design and maneuver planning from proposal development through operations.
- In May 2018, GMAT passed an Operational Readiness Review (ORR) for the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO) for Orbit Determination (OD) and is currently being transitioned to the prime system for LRO OD replacing the Goddard Trajectory Determination System (GTDS).