Welcome to the GMAT project! This page contains resources that may be helpful to you as a new project member.
First, you should download GMAT and start using it.
- Download GMAT using the instructions on the Downloads page. If you are an official project member, see the "Internal Users" section.
- Look through the User Guide. Especially read the Getting Started section and try some of the tutorials.
- Run some of the sample missions, located in the
samplesfolder in your GMAT installation.
You need the following accounts to get started:
- SourceForge (self-created)
- GMAT Forums (self-created)
- GMAT bug tracker (self-created) - GMAT wiki uses this login also
- SourceForge repository (send SourceForge username to Joel or Steve)
- Sender access to firstname.lastname@example.org (send SourceForge username to Joel or Steve)
- Google (self-created)
If you have an official relationship with NASA (employee, intern, contractor, etc.), you can also get the following accounts:
- NDC (official NASA login; email Joel or Steve)
- Jazz (internal repository for GMAT test system; email Steve)
- mesa-jade (internal repository for GMAT code; email Steve)
Sign up for the following mailing lists:
Here are some applications you will probably need to install the following software to work with the code. Check out the explanation for column to determine if you need the application or not.
|Matlab 2016a 64 bit||For building the MATLAB interface plugin and the fmincon plugin|
MS Visual Studio C++ 2013 Community
|For compiling GMAT|
|MinGW||For building the user guide including pdf and html help|
|Git and Git Client||For obtaining the GMAT source code|
SVN and SVN Client
|For obtaining the GMAT regression test system|
|Cmake||For compiling GMAT|
|DoxyGen||For creating code documentation|
|Python 3.4 (64 bit)||For building the Python interface plugin|
|XMLMind||For editing user documentation|
You'll need to check out all of the following repositories that apply to you:
- Main development repository (git):
- Internal-only plugins (git):
- Jazz (test systems) (svn):
Coding style guide
Flight Dynamics Engineer