- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Vision for the Wiki
- Provide a well organized, streamlined location for the following data:
- Key data required by the most/all users/contributors
- Data that is best maintained in a collaborative manner
- The design of the content organization should satisfy the following principles:
- Major content areas are intuitive to navigate
- Minor content areas don't clutter site but can be found via search or detailed site map
- Professional look and feel.
- Efficient use of Confluence strengths/weaknesses
- Long-term: Support tighter integration across tools in the future
Proposed Organization of Wiki Content, Source Data, and Curators
The initial design contains four major content areas and they are identified on the left hand side of the wiki home. They are:
- For Users
- For Contributors
Each major content area appears as a heading on the left hand side of the Wiki. Under each content area is located a list of launch pads to subtopics. Each launch pad contains links to other pages in that topic area.
In the table, below, the first column identifies the content area and launchpad for a given topic. For example ForUsers/Downloads means that Downloads is a launchpad located under the For Users content area. The SourceData column identifies existing data including old wiki pages, word documents, pdf documents, old web site etc. The summary column is a high level description of the content.
Proposed Data Organization
|For Users/Downloads||N/A (Launch Pad)||Task|
Old Wiki (Download)
|Links and Descriptions of Download Packages|
|For Users/GMAT Overview||N/A (Launch Pad)||SPH|
Requires a major clean up of existing information found here:
|Overview of GMAT's user features|
|For Users/Documentation||N/A (Launch Pad)||Task||HTML Help for latest release||DocBook output|
|For Users/Video Tutorials||N/A (Launch Pad)||SPH||New||Video tutorials|
|For Users/Bug Submission||N/A (Launch Pad)||Task|
Old Wiki: Issue Tracking and Triage
|How to submit a bug. How we triage and prioritize. May be better to put triage policy in governance section (SPH).|
|For Users/Contacts||N/A (Launch Pad)||New?||Overview of contacts etc|
|For Contributors/Testing||Plans and Procedures||Task-TGG||Test Plans and Procedures word documents||Overview of testing process|
|For Contributors/Testing||Script Testing||Task->JJKP||How to write and run script tests|
|For Contributors/Testing||GUI Testing||Task - SJH||Entirely new or extracted from Test Procedures.||How to write and run GUI tests|
|For Contributors/Documentation||Task -> JJKP|
Old Wiki: Building the User Guide
|How to write and build user docs|
Wiki pages for new build system.
Old Wiki: Compiling GMAT
Old Wiki: Building on Mac
How to compile GMAT using old and new build systems. Old system will be phased out but we need to keep docs around for a while.
|For Contributors/Development||Design Docs|
Task -> Others
Task migrates pdf docs to wiki
|See Summary Column|
Launch pad to
|For Contributors/Development||How To|
Task -> Others
Task migrates pdf docs to wiki
|See Summary Column||How to examples|
|Governance\Policies||Tools and Infrastructure||Task||Slides developed under this task describing tools and processes.|
Describe what tools we use, where they sit, and how they work together. Describe what we have now and mention major changes we would like to make as we evolve. Solicit volunteers!
|Governance\Policies||Configuration Control||Task||Project Plan: CM Chapter||Overview of how CM works on GMAT.|
|Governance\Policies||Release Process||Task->JJKP||Old Wiki: Release R2013a||Overview and detailed steps of a release|
|Governance\Policies||Current Activties (??)||Task - SPH|
Old Wiki: Meeting MinutesOld Wiki: R2013a End Game QA Processes
|Not sure where to put this yet. Governance/Policies is not the best place.|
|Participants||Task||http://gmat.gsfc.nasa.gov/project/contact.html||Overview of who has contributed to GMAT|
Missing Data Items
These should probably be migrated but I haven't found a home in the above table yet - SPH
- Requirements Spreadsheet. (Contributors/Development) -SPH
- Metrics (Whatever becomes Current Activities Section) -SPH
- Technical approach section of Product Plan (Governance\Policies) -SPH
- Code style guide (Contributors/Development) -SPH
- Required Accounts (Contributors) -SPH
- Required Reading/Training By Area (Contributors) -SPH
Primary Work Items
- Design and review content structure
- Identify existing key data to migrate
- Develop high level Wiki style guide
- Migrate key, existing data into the the new Wiki
- Clean up existing data
- Long Term: write missing data