Table of Contents
Things We Should Keep Doing
- SPH: Broad regression tests
- SPH: Process: Ticket -> Specs -> Dev -> Test
- SPH: Group/Feature area leads
Things We Should Change
- SPH: When submitting a bug, include scripts or detailed list of procedures, and error messages.
- SPH: Improve test system reliability. Test systems should fail less than once a month.
- Get two machines set up to run the tests
- Schedule maintenance work in advance, if possible
- Start system early enough to be monitored
- Machine should be located on-center, so VPN is not needed
- JJKP: Something keeps causing the script test system to crash when loading results. If this continues, we may need to investigate changing how the reporting code works. (This might be a good idea anyway, it takes a LONG time).
- JJKP: Some Visual Freeze things don't actually need to be in visual freeze.
- Updating destination addresses in GMAT.ini
- Updating TestComplete link tests in GMAT.ini
- Note that if new buttons/links need to be added, these do become Viz Freeze items.
- SPH: Leverage code from heritage systems
- SPH: Consider using more third party libraries like SPICE or Asset Importer to avoid duplication of solved problems
- SPH: Spreading ourselves too thin. Don't do more projects and improvements than we can do well.